Monday, March 26, 2007

NOW I remember

My weaving project has been hanging over my head for so long, filling me with dread, that I'd completely forgotten why I even took up weaving.

Well, this weekend I pushed through and conquered my arch-nemesis, tying on to the front beam. I hate this step. You have to make sure each section has the same tension as all the others, and by the time you're done tying on the last section, the first one has loosened, so you have to start all over again. This process can take for EVER, but I managed it in about half an hour.


And then I started weaving! First I had to weave a small section that will eventually be taken out and become fringe, and then I wove the first repeat on the towels. And suddenly I remembered why I love to weave. You probably need to click on the photo to really see the pattern.
In other news, I'm still making progress on the ripple and granny projects.






2 comments:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Very beautiful colors. I envy you the weaving thang. I just don't have room for a loom. Tried one of those square and triangle looms (take up less space) and just didn't feel the love.

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Thanks to you as well, Michelle. I'm adding you to my Big List of Blogs to check out. I'm not sure how I found you, but I've really gotten sucked in to your work. I've been very interested in weaving and crochet lately, and you have some beautiful pieces here. Those crochet motifs are stunning.