Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I know, I know

It's been forever since I last posted anything. I've been a bit of a slacker, it's true. But it's possible that a tiny bit of productivity might be heading my way soon.

Meanwhile, here's a little project I did for my niece Ruby, who turned 3 on September 24. It's actually woven, not crocheted, from cord, using two Weavette looms to make four pieces, which are then sewn together. Since it's made from cord I'm hoping it'll hold up to the ravages of the average 3-year-old girl. I got the pattern from a recent Handwoven magazine. The strap is crocheted. Ordinarily I would never make anything quite so lurid, but it was for a 3-year-old, so really you can't go wrong with pink and purple.

I also scored a major coup with what I put inside the purse. Apparently upon seeing what was there, Ruby clutched it to her chest and said, loudly, to her sister (another pink lipstick-loving princess), "This is MINE, Lilly!" Heh.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M - Love the nubby look of the pattern! You are clearly the best auntie on the East Coast! (I of course am the best auntie on the West Coast.....working on a pink and lime green kuspuk for the munchkin for her birthday....) and I'm so stealing the lip-smacker idea! :)