Monday, November 14, 2011

So much progress

My back is killing me, and I slept for 10 hours last night, but it's worth it because I got a whole lot done this weekend.

I got the new warp wound onto the loom.

This was quite possibly the fastest, least problem-beset wind-on I've ever done.
And then in the space of one day I threaded all the heddles, sleyed the reed, and got the thing tied on to the front beam.

Again, with no problems other than a rapidly seizing back.
And then I got it about halfway woven!

My luck ran out at this point though. Something weird happened to one of the shafts, which caused undue pressure on one thread, which then broke. But I fixed it and moved on. Hopefully that's the first and last broken thread.
AND I also finished a Super Sekrit project which I will reveal maybe next week. The holidays are coming so it's possible I'll only be posting pieces of projects between now and January.

I will say this: it turned out well and I may be making more.
And in between all that I also made a batch of killer brownies and watched a ton of football. Not a bad weekend.

No comments: