Monday, March 26, 2012

Smidgens of progress

I made a teeny amount of progress on the uber-fuzzy scarf. I hope to be less afraid of it as I get more used to working with the yarn and the needles.

I must be doing something right because there's a curve on the edge.

I also started a skinny scarf with a skein of silk blend yarn that's been sitting on my ottoman for months and months. This yarn was really expensive (but bought with a groupon, which is why I even bought it) so I wanted to wait for the right pattern to come along. Hopefully I found it, but it's kind of hard to tell this early in. It's supposed to be 9 inches wide, but at the moment it's more like 6. Maybe after blocking it'll be closer to what it's supposed to be. I will say this: it feels divine.

It's also way less scary to work with so I've kind of been concentrating on this one to the detriment of the fuzzy one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo good to see some progress. I have one of those scarves, too. Super slow progress. Terrified of screwing up with the fuzzy yarn and having to rip it out. Oh wait...it is so hard to rip out fuzzy yarn! Drat...back go: terrified of screwing up with the fuzzy yarn...

Ha!