Friday, November 02, 2007

Reduction tote

I found this cotton tote bag pattern a while ago and only just now got around to making it. At first I thought the pocket on the front was kind of a silly affectation, but then I folded the bag up and into the pocket, and now I think it's pretty cool. It doesn't look as nice as the pattern photos because I'm such a damn tight crocheter, but it does the job. I did sew buttons on the pocket, but there's no way they're making it through that flap. I'm making another one now in some fun colors, and I'll probably just do away with the buttons altogether.

Grocery store, here I come!


Here's the bag filled with a bunch of stuff.

And here's me with it on my shoulder. In the bag is the World's Largest Box of Cereal.


And just for fun, here's a photo of fall color at our cabin in West Virginia weekend before last. Fall has finally made it to the region.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so utterly cool - Christmas??

Anonymous said...

M - Very nice! The 'fun police' have blocked blog photos at work, so I'm behind in looking at your stuff! Looks like you've been busy - love the open mesh, and you're right, the granny square just works somehow! I'm quilting up a storm myself - got to finish 10 pillowcases, a kuspuk for the niece, and stack a small quilt this weekend! whew!