Monday, November 29, 2010

Danger!

Not too long ago a new LYS moved into the area: Looped Yarn Works. Yesterday I visited it for the second time and took pictures. This is a dangerous place for me because it's a seven-minute walk from my apartment and is directly across the street from a bus stop on my route home. DC has a terrible dearth of yarn shops, so it's kind of a miracle that it's here at all, much less so close to where I live. 

The staff are fantastic: willing to give you a tour if it's your first time, eager to talk about your project and which yarns might be best, and even offering to wind your yarn for you. 
Looped!
It's on the second floor and easy to miss, but so worth the trip.
Oh happy, happy place.
They carry all my favorite yarns.


Of course I couldn't make it out of there without a purchase.

I am entertaining the possibility of teaching myself to knit socks. We'll see. For now I'm sticking to crochet.

1 comment:

Susan Galbraith said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful thoughts and pictures of the shop! We really appreciate your support. Susan