Monday, March 21, 2011

It can be dangerous when I stay in town for the weekend

Especially after having survived SIX migraines in the past week. I felt like I deserved to treat myself! So off I trotted to my LYS (reminder: it is a 7-minute walk from my home...hence the danger).

I bought a huge hank of orange sock yarn for a complicated chart-involved sock that I will be attempting (on size 1 dpns!), and some cotton-linen blend yarn for a sweater that I'm going to try to make with my double-ended crochet hooks. I tried doing a swatch and failed miserably ... hopefully I will be more successful on my next attempt.

People who know me should be impressed that I stepped out of my color comfort zone.

I didn't accomplish much craft-wise this week (six migraines will put the kibosh on crafting right quick), but I did start another sock ... the colorway should indicate that this one is for me.


There's something about the construction of a sock heel that's deeply satisfying, whether it's knit or crochet.

1 comment:

She said...

Ooooo, pretty pretty! :)