Monday, August 15, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

I finally steam pressed the tencel scarf, and now it has terrific drape and silkiness.

Front side on top, back side on bottom.
The black on the back is a little muddier than I'd like, but I am still very pleased with the way it turned out.
Perhaps the person I give it to will model it for me and let me post the photos.

And then I wound a new warp! I'm on a weaving roll.

In a bright and happy color.
And three bundles.
I'd forgotten how silky and lovely Aunt Lydia's bamboo crochet thread is. It's really quite luxurious for the price. Each warp bundle took not quite one skein.

And just for updating purposes, here's the runner:

Nine and half rows down, three and half to go.
And here's the status of the sock:

Getting close to toe stage! I can almost get it on my foot. Perhaps next week will bring closure on this sock?

No comments: