Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Giant doily done

I actually finished this doily in about three days but I'm so out of the blogging habit that I keep forgetting to post pix.

Here it is prior to blocking. It grew on me the more I worked on it, even though the thread is pretty big.


And here it is with about a thousand pins stretching it to within an inch of its life. Blocking is our friend.


And a little closeup action.






Not too shabby. It fits perfectly on a little round table in my living room. Unfortunately, I'm now in the midst of another thread fever, so I'll be churning out complicated, old-fashioned little pieces like this until my eyes give out. If you see something you like let me know. Maybe it'll arrive in the mail at some point in the future...


1 comment:

Soosan said...

Absolutely beautiful!! My Grandmother would be proud of that.